One of the downsides to many older homes is it’s easy for varmints to find a way inside. For example, one homeowner was lucky she wasn’t taking a bubble bath when a possum fell through her bathroom ceiling right into the bathtub. Fortunately, she had a family member that quickly wrangled the creature and ejected it from her home. If you ever experience an event like this, your first call should be to the experts at Animal Remover.
At Animal Remover, not only do we provide safe, humane, reliable, and effective animal removal, trapping, and control, but we also do animal damage repair and prevention. Animal damage prevention is the act of stopping an animal problem before it occurs.
Related Post: Insurance May Cover Wildlife Management, Damage Repairs
Animal Damage Prevention
When an animal gains entry into your attic, it will return each year to raise its young. To keep that from happening, the first step is to trap and remove the animal. The next step is to repair the damaged areas so that the animals cannot get back in. The last step is making repairs for animal damage prevention.
A preventative repair means repairing an area that is not a problem presently but could potentially become a problem in the future. Here at Animal Remover, we do this because after you’ve invested money into keeping the animals out and trapping the animals, we realize that you don’t want another animal problem in the future.
Animals such as bats, mice, rats, and snakes can gain access into your home through a variety of small gaps and cracks. At Animal Remover, we provide a full property sealing service. The first step in this process is to perform a full inspection and determine the animal problem at hand. The second step is to set traps and catch the animals. After the animals are caught and removed, the third step in this process is to seal off the areas where the animals entered the home. The final step is to seal any remaining gaps on the home to prevent future entry of another animal in a different spot.
A few examples of preventative repairs include
- Installing a chimney cap to prevent raccoon entry.
- Installing bird spikes on a newly installed store sign to ensure birds won’t land on it.
- Installing a heavy gauge soffit corner repair to prevent squirrel entry.
- Installing Koi netting on a pond to prevent loss of fish due to raccoons.
- Installing a roof vent guard to keep squirrels from chewing on the vent.
- Installing a bathroom vent guard to keep birds from living in the bathroom vent tube.
- Installing a dryer vent guard to keep snakes from living in the dryer vent tube.
When we perform an animal inspection on your property, we will give you an Animal Intrusion Worksheet which will describe the problem areas of your home. If you suspect you may have a hole in your home that may provide animal entry, give us a call and we’ll take care of it.
We use a revolutionary property sealing compound that will keep critters out of the gaps and cracks on your home for years to come. Our property sealing compound is designed to remain flexible for 50 years so if your home has any additional settling to do, our sealing compound will settle with it. This product will not harden, crack, chip, or fade even in the event of excessive weather.
Below are just some of the many areas that we seal:
- Gaps on fascia boards and above gutter line
- Gaps and cracks around the foundation
- Holes chewed into wood siding, vinyl, plastic or aluminum siding
- Gaps around gables
- Gaps where soffit meets roof
- Gaps around chimney flashing
Let Us Help You Prevent Future Property Damage
Our property sealing repairs carry warranties that range anywhere from two years to a lifetime, depending on the repair. Our warranty is simple and our repairs keep animals out. If an animal compromises one of our warranted repairs within the warranty period, we will come back out, remove the animals, and repair the damage at no cost to you.
- Complete and thorough inspections
- 24-Hour emergency services
- Three year and lifetime warranties on repairs
And more! Give us a call today at 513-324-9453 for a quote or contact us online.